Shrimp and Grits
- 2 cups of quality Stone Ground Grits (not instant)
- 1 quart milk
- 1/2 quart water
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 Tbs. minced chives (optional)
Rinse grits. Using a bowl, cover grits in cold water. Skim off any pith that floats to the top. Pour water off grits. Place grits in a stainless pan and add milk and water. Cook grits for 10-15 minutes. When grits thicken, add cream, butter, cheese, chives if desired, salt and pepper to taste.
- Use 3-4 large peeled and deveined shrimp per person (21-25 count)
- 2 chopped red bell pepper or 1 green and 1 red
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 large onion (medium chop)
- 1 Tbs. butter
- Salt and Pepper
In a saute pan, heat 2 Tbs. of extra virgin olive oil. When heated add shrimp and cook until almost pink (approximately 1-2 minutes). Add garlic, onions, and peppers and cook until tender. Add butter, salt and pepper to taste. Spoon grits in bowl cover with shrimp mixture.
For another spin to this recipe, make a Hollandaise sauce then mix in shrimp mixture and spoon over grits.